And I was hooked. I HAD to have that colour for the baby's room. The best part was, the website actually told me the exact brand and shade of blue that it was painted. Legendary Blue. Since the closest paint store that sold the brand was half an hour away in Kitchener, I decided to go visit Kris's mom who has a thousand different paint wheels. Surely I could find a match. Hmmm...not so much. After pouring over a thousand shades of blue, we gave in. The next day I went to Home Depot and picked up every paint chip sample and, feeling ENTIRELY CONFIDENT that I had found the colour, happily went home to compare. I was WAY off. Way, way, way..... somehow I ended up with every shade of the sea, but nothing remotely like the photo. Finally I just drove to Kitchener to pick up the brand, but when I got to the store I realized that the paint chip was NOTHING like the photo. I had hit a roadblock. A big, giant "there's-no-way-this-colour-exists-off-the-internet" roadblock.
And then, after countless hours of staring at the above photo, I had an epiphany. It was the small picture above the crib that made me realize. The blue on the walls was CURIOUS GEORGE BLUE. I drove up to Chapter's, found a Curious George book with the most beautiful blue cover, drove to Home Depot, got them to colour match it and took home a sample.
Today Kris painted the sample on the wall and guess what? It's still not the right colour. Obviously we are just not meant to paint the nursery this colour. But LOOK AT IT! It's the most amazing shade of blue EVER. I do not know how our child is supposed to sleep in a room that is not this colour. It just seems cruel to make him/her sleep in a room that is any other colour.
So now I am back to square one. Do I continue on my path to find this shade? Will our baby end up sleeping in a room with 43 sample shades painted on the walls? Do I just give up and go with a different colour? If I do this, will I convince myself that our baby would cry less and sleep more if I'd just found that perfect shade of blue?! (yes.)
Someone please tell me they have a solution - and remember, drink a glass of wine and chill out is not an option.

Couldn't you just print out this picture on a colour laser printer and have them colour match it? Or does it not print out the same as what we see on the screen?
ReplyDeleteThat would be too easy! I did try this, but the print out didn't look the same. I suppose if I had access to a higher quality printer it might work, but unfortunately it didn't work with the printer at work :(
ReplyDelete